January 13th, 2014
We have been privileged to care for patients at The Neurology & Headache Treatment Center since we opened in 1996. Thank you for trusting us to provide your neurology care.
We are writing to inform you that effective January 2, 2014; The Neurology & Headache Treatment Center will join Inova Medical Group, a division of Inova Health System that includes board-certified primary care, adult and pediatric specialty physicians. As such, our new practice name will be Inova Medical Group Neurology and Headache.
We are pleased to be affiliated with Inova, which has served the Northern Virginia community for over 50 years. We look forward to continuing to provide excellent and compassionate healthcare to you.
Our office location, telephone/fax numbers will remain the same:
8201 Greensboro Drive, Suite 1003, McLean, VA 22102
703.212.0700 Phone / 703.212.0705 Fax
As Inova Medical Group Neurology and Headache we will accept all insurance plans that we currently take, plus additional plans so you have even more choices. Please call 703.212.0700 to schedule an appointment.
Should you wish to request a copy of your medical records be sent either to you or any medical provider of your choice, you may do so by completing our written authorization. Upon receipt of this, a copy of the records will be sent within a reasonable period of time to the party you designate on the form. You will be billed for the actual costs incurred in copying and delivery of the records.
Our staff will do our best to make this transition as smooth as possible for you. Please do not hesitate to call Patricia Mullins at 703.212.5918 with any questions. Also, visit www.inovamedicalgroup.org/neuroheadache for more information regarding our practice.
We look forward to serving you as a member of Inova Medical Group.
Mahan Chehrenama, D. O. Stuart R. Stark, M. D.
Please see below for FAQ
1. Why did the physicians of The Neurology & Headache Treatment Center decide to join Inova Medical Group?
• Our physicians joined Inova Medical Group (IMG) to ensure their patients would continue to have the best possible care, as well as direct access to many beneficial programs, services, and Inova facilities. As an IMG practice, patients will now have access to MyChart a patient portal that provides online access to their Electronic Medical Record (EMR), prescription refills, direct communication with their care team, appointments and much more.
2. Will the office location, phone numbers, etc. change?
• The main office location will remain the same. As a patient, you will probably notice some cosmetic changes to the suite, including updates to our equipment, furniture, and other decorative renovations. Phone numbers, fax numbers, etc. will likely stay the same.
3. Will I still be able to have my diagnostic testing done at The Neurology & Headache Treatment Center?
• Yes, as of January 2, 2014, The Neurology & Headache Treatment Center will join Inova Medical Group and will be called Inova Medical Group Neurology and Headache. The majority of our current services will continue to be performed at the existing location; however we also are now part of a larger service line with multiple locations that you may find convenient.
• If you have any questions about the changes at our practice, please contact the office directly at 703.212.5918.
4. Will the hours change?
• The hours of operation will remain the same. The goal is to assure you experience the same excellent level of patient care as always.
5. Will my doctor remain the same?
• Absolutely, all of our physicians will continue with Inova.
6. Why do I need to fill out additional forms?
• During registration, you may have a few additional forms to complete. The information on the additional forms is needed to update your information in our new EMR system, which we are implementing as part of our alignment with Inova. EMRs are used across Inova to provide consistent care from office to hospital. The additional paperwork only needs to be filled out once.
7. What is MyChart and how do I access it?
• MyChart is a secure patient portal that provides you online access to your medical record information. Getting connected is easy, after your first appointment with your physician, you will receive a link and login for MyChart. MyChart provides online access to:
- review your medical information
- view recent lab results
- request prescription refills
- have direct communication with your care team
- schedule appointments
- and much more
8. Do we take the same insurance?
• Inova Medical Group takes our existing insurances and more.
9. May I continue as Self-Pay Patient?
• Absolutely, we now require a minimum $100 payment for charges at or above that amount at the time of service and will bill any balance at a later date at a discount.
10. May I transfer my Medical Records?
• Yes, after you fill out an Authorization for Release of Medical Records Form, we will happily provide medical records to you or another provider.
11. How can I reach my physician after hours?
• If you call the office after hours, you will receive the option to speak with the after-hours answering service. They will contact the on-call physician for you.
12. Why is it taking longer to receive an appointment with my physician?
• Due to implementation of the Electronic Medical Record, we temporarily have to reduce patient volumes at our office. We are very sorry for this inconvenience. However, the physicians and staff need extra time to train and learn the system. We are always available for any urgent need. The reduction in available appointments will only last for the first few weeks. After that, we will be able to see you promptly.
13. Who do I contact for billing inquiries?
• Inova has a central billing office that is able to provide detailed information concerning your account for dates of service at the practice from January 2, 2014 and after. For all Inova billing inquiries, please call 571.423.5750.
14. Can I pay my prior bill from The Neurology & Headache Treatment Center during my visit?
• No, you will need to pay your prior bill (prior to January 2, 2014) to The Neurology & Headache Treatment Center. If you need assistance, please call 703.212.5930 and our financial counselor will assist you.